Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Bright Year Ahead

A new year is upon us. As we reflect on 2012 it is good to remember the moments that brought us joy and happiness, the moments that challenged us but were worth the struggle, and the moments that brought us some sort of enlightenment.

For myself this past year has been filled with all the above; Struggling to sell my Brooklyn apartment, wondering if I'd ever get out of financial turmoil, celebrating the sale, celebrating my kids transition from diapers to underwear (hallelujah!), finding myself a little more at a beautiful yoga retreat, opening my heart more to a loving boyfriend...

So, now the time comes for me, and for you, to shed this skin of the old. Like a snake, there is a new you underneath that is ready to take on the world, to take on the day, to learn more and be more, for yourself and for the loved ones around you. A new year is a new chance to be the greatest you. So what's stopping you?

Fear? Mark Twain once said " courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear." We all have fear. Most often that fear is fear of failure. How will we ever know success if we do not try with the chance of failure? And if we fail, then we pick ourselves up and try again. Each time we will get stronger and learn from our past failures.

I am excited about 2013. I feel great things are possible in making this year magical. I am not one to make resolutions. Instead I take a different approach, and like one of my clients said today, make intentions. What intentions do you have for the new year? And how will you make those intentions become real?

So, as you reflect, perhaps you take out a pen and paper and start a list of your intentions.

I wish you all a Happy Healthy New Year!

* If you wish to start your new year off right and would like my guidance, please contact me for a FREE health history @ lovelightandwellbeing@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment